The PUR Packet.
A quick, simple and easily transportable way to clean dirty water.
The PUR packet is an amazing innovation that quickly turns 10 liters of dirty, potentially deadly water into clean and drinkable water. And, because it is much smaller and easier to ship than plastic water bottles, anyone anywhere in the world can easily use it.
The PUR packet was developed by Procter & Gamble (P&G) in collaboration with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Created to enable people anywhere in the world to purify dirty water in a simpler, more effordable and convenient way, the PUR packet is based on technology similar to municipal water systems in developed countries.
The PUR packet is a powdered mixture that removes pathogenic microorganisms and suspended matter, making previously contaminated water clean.
- PUR packets have been proven to eliminate disease causing microorganisms.
- PUR packets result in removal of more than 99.99999% of intestinal bacteria (including those that cause cholera), 99.99% of intestinal viruses (including those that cause hepatitis A) and 99.9% of protozoa.
- PUR packets have been proven to reduce diarrheal disease incidence in the developing world by up to 90%.
- PUR packets remove dirt and other pollutants.
- PUR packets can be used to make clean drinking water for the entire family, including infants, and are considered an effective technology by the World Health Organization.
More than one billion liters of clean drinking water have been provided by global relief organizations using PUR packets including PSI, AmeriCares, CARE, Samaritan's Purse and World Vision.
See facts and figures about the effects of drinking contaminated water and learn the benefits of successful water treatment in recent scientific studies.
In order to optimize your viewing experience of this site, you will need to install Adobe Flash.
Please download it by clicking here.