About Interest-Based Advertising
P&G ads marked with– “Ad Choices“, and - are “interest-based” ads. Interest-based ads are advertisements from our P&G family of brands or our advertising partners that we hope you find more relevant to your interests.
We deliver interest-based ads to your device by using an anonymous cookie or other identifier assigned to your device. These cookies or other identifiers are placed in general interest categories that we have inferred based on information such as:aQ
- The web pages you view and links you click on P&G websites and other websites you visit.
- The P&G brand emails you view and links you click in the email.
- Demographic data.
- Offline and online purchase data.
We have designed our systems to deliver such ads based only on data that does not personally identify you.
Please note that we rely on third parties to help us deliver interest-based ads and they may collect information about your online activities, including on P&G and other companies’ sites, through cookies, and other technologies
You can Opt-out of Receiving Interest Based Advertising from P&G
We respect your privacy.
If you don’t want P&G to show you interest-based ads or to share interest-based behavioral data with third parties, you can opt-out
- Some third parties that provide services on our websites also drop cookies. To see the complete list, click here.
- You can prevent your receipt of interest-based ads from P&G on websites by deleting and declining cookies in your brower(s). Note, if you delete all cookies, you would also delete any opt-out cookies that were created to prevent data collection for Online Behavioral Advertising. So when you delete all cookies you also need to decline future cookies to prevent your receipt of interest-based ads.
- Opting out of receiving interest-based ads does not mean you won’t see any online ads. It just means that your ads for P&G products won’t be based on your interests. You may still receive interest based ads from other companies – where you have not opted out of their cookies or from companies that have not adopted the self regulatory standards for Online Behavioral Advertising.
Benefits of Interest-Based Advertising
- Online ads you receive are more tailored to your interests. That means you are more likely to see ads for products of interest to you.
- You see relevant, timely information about P&G products that can help improve your life.
- You don’t see the same ads over and over again because the number of times you see an ad is limited.
P&G complies with the U.S. and Canadian Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising.
Date Last Modified: Last updated April 2014.