Climate change is a serious issue facing the world today. P&G is not an energy-intensive business, but as a global citizen we are concerned about the negative consequences of climate change.
We believe that industry, government, and consumers all have roles to play in addressing climate change and that prudent and cost-effective actions to reduce greenhouse gas emissions to the atmosphere are necessary.
We are focusing our efforts in two main areas:
Reducing the intensity of greenhouse gas emissions (GHG) from our own operations through:
- Continued energy efficiency measures throughout our facilities
- Continuing to transition fuel sources toward cleaner alternatives
- Continuing to drive more energy-efficient modes of transporting finished products to our customers
- Setting goals to drive continued improvement in our GHG emissions
Helping consumers to reduce their own GHG emissions through the use of our products via:
- Product and packaging innovations that enable more efficient consumer product use and energy consumption
- Consumer education
The challenges posed by climate change are significant, but P&G is committed to making progress. We will continue to publicly disclose our GHG emissions, energy use, and progress against our goals through our annual Sustainability Report and the Carbon Disclosure Project.