The best a man can get - half a decade in the making
Message from Ed Shirley, Vice Chairman, Global Beauty and Grooming
To kick off 2011, we celebrated over five years of state-of-the-art R&D at our - global innovation centre in Reading, with the unveiling of Gillette Fusion ProGlide, the biggest FMCG launch in our company’s history. With its thinner, finer edges, blade stabilizer and innovative microcomb, ProGlide is the latest of our unparalleled innovations in male grooming.
130 trucks hit the stores on 25th January and were met with unprecedented retail support all surrounded by extensive coverage in national media and the distinctive ProGlide Challenge TV ads.
Our extensive consumer testing, involving over 30,000 men around the world, showed overwhelming support for the Gillette Fusion ProGlide. Testing revealed that men prefer the ProGlide range at a 2-to-1 ratio over the Gillette Fusion range - currently the best selling razor ever, selling 100 million razors each year in 75 countries.
Gillette has an unparalleled history of launching breakthrough innovation, from the ground breaking Senor range in the early 90s to the first 3 blade razor with MACH 3 in 1998 and Fusion in 2007. Gillette yet again proves it is leading male grooming innovation with the new Fusion ProGlide.
More than 600million men around the world start their day with Gillette. This is testament to the trust that men have in our products and indeed the Gillette name. It is this trust and this responsibility that is at the very heart of our R&D efforts. It’s here where we bring our extensive knowledge of men together with world class science to truly deliver “the best a man can get” and it’s here where ProGlide was born.
Gillette Fusion ProGlide expands our male grooming ranges in the premium end of the market for our consumers who value the superior benefits that a premium product provides.
You can find out more about how we can continue to improve our male grooming offer through Twitter, Facebook or the P&G corporate press office.
P&G Global Beauty and Grooming Vice Chairman
- P&G’s UK-based global innovation centre has led the fundamental research behind Gillette`s market-leading razors for more than 50 years.
- Re-engineered low cutting force blades with significantly thinner, finer edges
- Innovative microcomb, exclusive to Gillette Fusion ProGlide, guides hair to the blade
- The preferred shaving choice of more than 600 million men worldwide
- Tested on 30,000 men globally for the ProGlide range alone
- Less tug and pull – turning shaving into gliding
- Biggest ever FMCG launch
- 2:1 preference over Fusion, the world’s current best-selling razor
- Already No. 1 razor in the US
Images (Click to enlarge)
- Ed Shirley, Vice Chairman,
P&G Global Beauty and Grooming
- Gillette Fusion Proglide’s re-engineered
low cutting blades have 15% thinner, finer
edges, turning shaving into gliding
- Gillette Fusion ProGlide, P&G’s biggest
brand unveiling in the company’s
- P&G Reading Innovation Centre
Videos (Click to watch)